ISN Donates $100,000 to Gulf Coast Relief Efforts
As of August 28, 2017, Hurricane Harvey has produced 11 trillion gallons of rain and will leave behind almost $40 billion worth of damage. It is estimated that 30,000 people will need temporary shelter and supplies.
With more than 6,000 ISN customers in the areas impacted by Harvey, ISN made a $100,000 donation to the American Red Cross to support the relief efforts.
“Thousands of people have been forced to leave their flooded homes, losing everything they own and the storm isn’t over yet,” said Harvey Johnson, Senior Vice President of Disaster Cycle Services at the American Red Cross. “Significant flooding and tornadoes are still predicted. As much as 50 inches of rain is expected to fall before Harvey leaves the region, and parts of Texas comparable to the size of Lake Michigan remain underwater.”
In addition to this donation, volunteer and monetary donations made by ISN employees to a qualifying charity will be matched 2:1.
“Our thoughts are with those affected by the recent flooding,” said Joseph Eastin, ISN CEO and President. ”We are committed to helping ensure the safety of the communities that surround our customers, friends and families.”
For Those in Need
If a friend or loved one is in harm’s way, urge them to be safe and listen to the advice of emergency officials. People in life-threatening situations that need rescue should call 9-1-1 or the U.S. Coast Guard at 281-464-4851.
Shelters can be found by calling 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767), visiting redcross.org or by downloading the free Red Cross Emergency App. The Emergency App is available in app stores by searching for the American Red Cross or going to redcross.org/apps.
Ways to Help
If you wish to donate to the flood victims in Texas, below is a list of additional organizations aiding relief efforts.
- American Red Cross You can donate on the website or text HARVEY to 90999 to donate $10
- The Salvation Army
- Houston Food Bank
- Food Bank of Corpus Christi
- Texas SPCA
- Texas Diaper Bank – Diapers are not provided by relief agencies
- Global Giving – You can donate on the website or text HARVEY to 80100 to donate $10
- United Way of Greater Houston –You can donate to the United Way Flood Relief Fund on the website or text UWFLOOD to 41444
- Central Market/HEB – Stores will give you the option when checking out to add $1, $3 or $5 to your grocery bill for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
- Amazon Wish List – Items for the George R Brown Convention Center (the main shelter) in Houston