Preparing an Effective Job Safety Analysis and Pre-Job Meeting
Edwin G. Foulke, Attorney at Law for Fisher & Phillips LLP and Former Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA shared his insight on how to prepare an effective job safety analysis (JSA) and pre-job meeting.
This program examined the elements of a comprehensive job safety analysis (JSA), how to develop and implement a JSA, as well as the importance of pre-job safety meetings as a tool in implementing your JSA on a daily basis. Ed Foulke discussed how a JSA is a proven process for controlling operating hazards and how a JSA and pre-job meeting are essential parts of any effective safety program.
Takeaways from the webinar included:
- How a JSA and pre-job meeting can help reduce personal injuries in controlling operating hazards and costs
- Understanding the terminology associated with a JSA
- The steps necessary for developing a comprehensive JSA
- How a JSA and pre-job safety meeting impact the company’s safety program and have a financial benefit to the company
- How to develop specific compliance measures when implementing a JSA
- How to develop effective procedures to control or eliminate hazards identified in the JSA
A recording of the webinar is available here.
The slides presented during the webinar are available here.
This was the final webinar in a three-part series hosted by Mr. Foulke for ISN customers.
Presentation and handouts have been provided by Edwin G. Foulke, who is solely responsible for the webinar and its content.