March is Ladder Safety Month
The month of March is dedicated to Ladder Safety. Each year, thousands of people suffer significant injuries, and over 300 fatalities occur, due to ladder-related incidents. National Ladder Safety Month promotes the safe use of ladders at home and in the workplace.
The different areas of focus throughout the month include:
- March 1 – 11: Why to Choose Ladder Safety and How it Affects Each Person
- March 12 – 18: Ladder Safety in the Workplace
- March 19 – 25: At Home Ladder Safety
- March 26 – April 1: Proper Disposal and Inspection of Ladders
National Ladder Safety month is sponsored by the American Ladder Institute (ALI), which is a non-profit association dedicated to promoting ladder safety. The ALI is the only American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved creator of U.S. safety standards regarding ladders.
As part of ISN’s continuing commitment to Health and Safety awareness, we have included some basic ladder safety tips. Please find these tips below.
- Always use three points of contact while using a ladder
- Inspect the ladder before each use
- Ensure that only one person is on the ladder at a time
- Select and use the correct ladder for the job
- Ensure the ladder is placed on a solid and level foundation
Help us celebrate National Ladder Safety Month by ensuring your family, friends, coworkers and employees stay safe when working on, or near ladders.