RAVS Plus Update After 300 Assessments
ISN introduced a new service offering, RAVS Plus, an in-person interview, with additional documentation, to help provide evidence that contractors have implemented their written health, safety and environmental (HSE) programs throughout their organization. RAVS Plus is designed to help bridge the gap between the RAVS written program review and a potential on-site audit or inspection by a Hiring Client.
The main goal of RAVS Plus is to create a collaborative environment between ISN Hiring Clients and contractor customers that encourages continual improvement in health, safety and environmental best practices.
63 Hiring Clients and over 1,100 contractor customers are participating in RAVS Plus. After more than 300 in-person interviews have been completed, the five most common open items identified during the in-person interviews include:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Proper procedures surrounding Hepatitis B Vaccinations.
- Disposal of contaminated waste after being exposed to Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Benzene Awareness
- Chemical characteristics and effects resulting from a release; specifically, where a company may not be working directly with Benzene, but face possible exposure.
- Noise Exposure / Hearing Conservation
- Notification process for when a standard threshold shift occurs.
- Importance of conducting Audiograms and maintaining the results.
- Ladder Safety
- Proper ratio/angle to place an extension ladder and how far extension ladders must extend past an elevated surface.
- Process Safety Management
- Lack of training and understanding of contractor responsibilities while working on PSM-regulated work sites.
RAVS Plus assessments are conducted in the spirit of continual improvement and ISN’s team of Health and Safety professionals are available to assist contractor customers throughout the process. To learn more about RAVS Plus, click here.